Commercial Lending and Real Estate Disputes
Nilan Johnson Lewis frequently represents lenders and borrowers involved in commercial lending disputes related to loans, capital leases, installment sales and other financing mechanisms. Many of these commercial lending matters involve real estate, and our firm’s attorneys are also experienced at handling a variety of these actions such as foreclosures, boundary disputes, liens, condemnation proceedings, receiverships and commercial landlord-tenant issues.
Our attorneys have handled matters in state and federal court involving unpaid debt, lease disputes, and defending against consumer protection claims, under such laws like the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and state consumer fraud statutes. We also negotiate workouts and restructuring of distressed debt, avoiding the expense and delay of litigation.
Overview of our expertise
- Business Torts
- Class Actions
- Commercial Lending and Real Estate Disputes
- Contract, Warranty and UCC Disputes
- Environmental Litigation
- ERISA and Employee Benefits Litigation and Compliance
- Fiduciary and Professional Liability
- Gaming Law
- Information Security and Privacy Claims
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Example Commercial Litigation Cases