Environmental litigation presents unique challenges for clients and lawyers alike. Environmental laws and regulations can be overly complex, commercially burdensome and difficult to understand. Meanwhile, litigators often find themselves challenged by the science at the heart of those cases. However, Nilan Johnson Lewis attorneys have successfully navigated the tricky intersection between science, regulation and advocacy in a variety of environmental contexts arising under federal and state law, including hazardous waste enforcement and cost recovery/apportionment, solid waste management, clean air and water requirements, land use, and other environmental protection laws.
Our substantial trial and courtroom experience, accompanied by our renowned skill at comprehending and distilling complex science into concepts lay jurors and judges can easily understand, provides our clients tactical advantages in both litigation and negotiations that few other firms can muster.
Overview of our expertise
- Business Torts
- Class Actions
- Commercial Lending and Real Estate Disputes
- Contract, Warranty and UCC Disputes
- Environmental Litigation
- ERISA and Employee Benefits Litigation and Compliance
- Fiduciary and Professional Liability
- Gaming Law
- Information Security and Privacy Claims
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Example Commercial Litigation Cases