We defend product manufacturers against a wide variety of personal injury claims involving environmental and workplace exposure to such hazardous substances as benzene, lead, chlorinated solvents and other chemicals and metals. Some of our more notable representations in this area include:
- National counsel for a former manufacturer of lead paint and pigment in industry-wide conspiracy, fraud and public nuisance litigation throughout the United States. We served as trial counsel in public nuisance and product liability cases in Rhode Island (2005-06, the longest civil jury trial in Rhode Island history) and Wisconsin (2007) and obtained dismissals of lead personal injury and abatement claims in more than 100 other actions across the country;
- National counsel for a major multinational consumer and industrial products manufacturer in trace benzene mass tort cases. During 2010, we obtained a defense verdict in a two-week trial of a personal injury case in Madison County, Illinois;
- Lead counsel for a multinational manufacturer of defense products in connection with personal injury, medical monitoring, “cancerphobia” and class action litigation arising out of contamination of a regional drinking water aquifer with trichloroethylene and other chlorinated solvents;
- Trial counsel for a gasoline retailer involving personal injury and property damage claims arising out of leaking underground storage tanks;
- Trial counsel for a major Minnesota municipality involving multiple claims for personal injury, property damage and economic loss based upon allegedly toxic airborne releases from municipality’s wastewater treatment plant.