Posted August 31st, 2022
We seek an Accounting Assistant with a positive, can-do attitude, who is flexible, detail-oriented, and enjoys variety in their work. As a member of our administrative team, you will provide support and assistance with the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department related to billing, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
What You Will Do:
- Provide billing assistance, including but not limited to, generating, proofing and editing proformas and completing final invoicing process for select clients/attorneys.
- Compile supporting documentation in relation to client charges.
- Pull together summaries of outstanding invoices for assistance in collections.
- Assist with the timely review, entry and payment of accounts payable invoices.
- Coordinate court and other filing fee payment and reconciliation.
- Assist in reconciling firm mobile plan billing; distribute monthly billing notices to employees.
- Assist with generation of daily quick checks and other required check runs.
- Assist with daily bank deposits, including the input and posting of receipts to the time and billing system.
- Assist in responding to general Accounting Department inquiries from internal and external clients.
- Assist with client and matter set-up review.
- Maintain positive, professional working relationships at all levels; maintain confidentiality of all client and firm matters.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum 1-3 years related work experience; some post high school education in finance/accounting is a plus.
- A strong numerical aptitude, good understanding of accounting basics, financial principles and the ability to analyze basic financial data.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite; demonstrated aptitude/proficiency in Microsoft Excel. SurePoint experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, take direction from various persons, be proactive and flexible and effectively establish priorities while working well under pressure and meeting internal/external client requests and Accounting Department needs.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
We want YOU to add your talents to our dynamic team!
Your cover letter, resume and salary requirements can be submitted to: