Posted March 3rd, 2023
Legal Administrative Assistant
We seek a highly skilled Legal Administrative Assistant with a positive, can-do attitude, who is flexible and enjoys variety in their work. As a member of our administrative team, you will support attorneys, paralegals, and other professionals across our practice areas.
What You Will Do:
- Proactively and efficiently manage a varied workload by supporting 3-4 attorneys.
- Prepare correspondence, draft memos and other legal documents utilizing template software as appropriate. Proofread and complete edits. Perform basic legal research using firm databases and resources (i.e., retrieval of cases, cites, statutes, etc.).
- Maintain client files using records software and document management system to manage records, including email and electronic documents; upload pleadings and discovery to document management system. Establish and maintain calendar and deadline reminder systems, including docketing software. Follow firm file opening and closing procedures.
- Access, search and prepare services/filings using the ECF filing system and Odyssey filing system in both federal and state court as required.
- Perform initial conflict checks in billing system;
- Provide general legal administrative support including hard copy and electronic filing, photocopying, scanning, physical mail review and distribution, performing initial conflict checks in billing system, processing invoices and monthly expense reports, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, etc. Maintain and update CLE records and memberships for assigned attorneys.
- Maintain positive interaction with clients; observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
What You Will Need:
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible litigation legal administrative experience. Strong demonstrated knowledge of litigation and the litigation process.
- Substantive experience with and knowledge of electronic federal and state court filings, rules, processes and procedures.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong proofreading skills (content, format and grammar).
- Solid technical aptitude and advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF software.
- Excellent communication, attention to detail and organizational skills to effectively manage multiple and challenging tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with flexibility in order to meet client needs, take initiative, work effectively and efficiently and deliver a proactive and client-focused approach to your work each day.
What We Desire:
- Labor & employment, product liability and/or business litigation experience a plus
We want YOU to add your talents to our dynamic team!
Your cover letter, resume and salary requirements can be submitted to: