Posted July 7th, 2022
Legal Administrative Assistant
We seek a highly skilled Legal Administrative Assistant with a positive, can-do attitude, who are flexible and enjoy variety in their work. As a member of our administrative team, you will support attorneys, paralegals, and other professionals across our practice areas.
What you will do:
- Manage a varied workload by supporting 3-4 attorneys.
- Type and/or draft correspondence, memos and other legal documents as directed with the use of template software as appropriate.
- Proofread and complete edits on documents.
- Establish and maintain calendar and deadline reminder systems, including docketing software.
- Perform initial conflict checks in billing software, follow file opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain client files and use records software and document management system to manage records, including electronic documents; upload pleadings and discovery to document management system.
- Access, search and prepare services/filings using the ECF filing system, Odyssey filing system, or EMACS in federal, state, and appellate court as required.
- Prepare charge responses and submit to appropriate state or federal agency.
- File various documents in employment jurisdictions (i.e., MDHR, EEOC, Labor Relations Board).
- Communicate with state or federal court personnel to schedule hearings, etc.
- Prepare and process invoices as required and reconcile expense reports.
- Perform other administrative responsibilities as requested including hard copy filing (as necessary), electronic filing, photocopying, scanning, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, etc.
- Perform basic legal research using firm databases and resources (i.e., retrieval of cases, cites, statutes, etc.).
- Review, distribute and upload incoming mail into document management system and ensure outgoing mail is timely and appropriately scanned and uploaded into document management system.
- Maintain and update CLE records and memberships for assigned attorneys.
- Maintain positive interaction with clients; observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
What you need:
- 10-15 years of progressively responsible litigation legal administrative experience.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of litigation and the litigation process.
- Substantive experience with and knowledge of electronic federal and state court filings, rules, processes and procedures.
- Strong proofreading skills (content and grammar).
- Solid technical aptitude and advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple and challenging tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight time constraints.
- Ability to take initiative, work effectively and efficiently and deliver a proactive and client-focused approach to your work each day.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with flexibility in order to meet client needs
What we desire:
- Labor & employment, product liability and/or business litigation experience a plus
We want YOU to add your talents to our dynamic team!
Your cover letter, resume and salary requirements can be submitted to: