As a former judicial law clerk, Andrew understands the intricacies of both the Federal and state systems for civil litigation and the complex laws therein. While managing court files and conducting research in a variety of practice areas, Andrew developed a keenness for the subtleties of employment law: he recognizes the changing dynamics of the employment landscape, the role of technology in today’s workplace, and the composite laws that govern employers and employees. He will advocate for his clients with this fresh, informed perspective, and navigate the litigation process through a creative approach that is wholly committed to clients’ business goals and strategies.
Each case tells a different story with authentic characters and dialogue—Andrew enjoys building these narratives with his clients and manifesting a prosperous resolution. Like the final chapter in a good book, he is committed to writing a strong ending.
Apart from his legal practice, Andrew enjoys biking, playing softball, reading a great short story, or exploring Minnesota’s spectacular outdoors and camping in its wilderness.
Key Practice Experience
- Non-compete and trade secret litigation, including development of nationwide non-compete programs
- Contract disputes
- Minnesota Court of Appeals, Honorable Francis Connolly, 2018-2019
Key Industry Experience
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide v. Traffic Tech (8th Cir.) – Obtained reversal of summary judgment on breach of non-solicit claims and improper application of state choice-of-law rules
- Cambria Company LLC v. Mohawk Industries, Inc., Dal-Tile Tennessee, LLC and Schumann (D. Minn.) – Successfully opposed motion for preliminary injunction alleging inevitable disclosure of trade secrets and breach of contractual confidentiality provision.
- Minnesota State Bar Assocation
- Lavender Bar Association