Ben is a skilled attorney who leverages his problem-solving skills to provide careful and thorough counsel. He has extensive experience in employment law, insurance defense, municipal law, and personal injury, and has represented clients in state and federal court on a wide variety of matters. Ben views his relationship with his clients as a partnership and works from the outset to understand his clients’ goals and wishes. He believes in a collaborative approach and works hand-in-hand with his clients through every step of the process, allowing him to obtain the best possible outcome for clients.
Outside of work, Ben enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, visiting craft breweries, and supporting Gopher athletics.
Key Practice Experience
- Employment litigation
- Preventive employment counseling
- Labor relations
- FLSA/wage-and-hour counseling and defense
- Employment agreements and policies
- Administrative agency charge response
- EEOC litigation defense
- Title VII, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, and FLSA compliance
Key Industry Experience
Publications and Presentations
- DRI Employment Law Update – Iowa (2019, 2020, 2021)