Chelsea Vilchis is a litigator handling product liability and complex tort matters across the country. In her first few years of practice, Chelsea has handled increasingly larger roles in complex litigation, from case analyses to depositions with witnesses and experts. She has experience litigating cases in the automotive and micromobility industries, and thanks to her time as an educator, she can break down complex design and legal concepts to clients and juries. In addition to her work as a litigator, Chelsea counsels clients on preventative measures to reduce liability, risk, and the potential for litigation.
Chelsea handles other single-plaintiff matters, including ERISA and benefits litigation, collections and bankruptcy matters, and contract and agreement disputes. She’s also passionate about DE&I issues and lends her litigation skills to defend against individual and class action claims implicating DE&I concerns.
She’s defended clients against discrimination claims, contract disputes, and bankruptcy matters, as well as handling successful mediations and discovery disputes. Chelsea also counsels clients on ERISA claims and compliance.
Key Practice Experience
- Product liability defense, including products in the automotive and micromobility industries
- Contract/agreement, warranty, and UCC disputes
- Complex torts, including lemon law and asbestos
- Business torts
- Trials, mediations, and arbitrations
- ERISA and benefits litigation
- DE&I-related individual and class action claims
Key Industry Experience
- Small Business
- Young Lawyers Committee; Chair, Sponsorship Committee
- Labor and Employment Committee
- Products Liability Committee
- Litigation Skills Committee
- Rosalie E. Wahl Legal Association of Women Students, Secretary, May 2018 – present
- Agriculture Future of America, Campus Ambassador for University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, 2013 – 2014