Mike has practiced in the field of corporate immigration since 2014. He has extensive experience working with complex nonimmigrant matters including H-1B, L-1, O-1 E-2, TN, as well as consular processing cases and preparing immigrant petitions in the EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 classifications. Mike also has several years of experience reviewing and analyzing the Department of Labor’s complex regulations in the context of labor certification to implement effective PERM strategies.
In addition to being fluent in Spanish, Mike works effectively with companies to understand their objectives and achieve goals for individual employees. He establishes valuable partnerships with his clients by navigating complex legal issues and shaping creative strategies to accomplish client objectives.
While practicing in New York City, Mike worked on immigration matters with artists of extraordinary ability including Grammy award-winning musicians, tattoo artists, chefs, interactive designers, music producers, models, fashion stylists, visual artists, and character actors, to name a few.
In his spare time, Mike enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, trying new recipes, and watching basketball.
Key Practice Experience
- Nonimmigrant visa petitions (H, L, O, E, TN)
- Labor Certification Applications (PERM applications)
- Immigrant visa petitions
- Extraordinary Ability Petitions for Artists
- Information Technology
Recognitions and Honors
- Articles Editor, Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law
Publications and Presentations
- Employment-based Permanent Residency / Immigrant Options, 2019 AILA Upper Midwest Immigration Law Conference, Minneapolis, MN, March 15, 2019
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) 2015- Present
- Minnesota/Dakotas Chapter of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Committee
- New York Chapter of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- CLE Committee
- Corporate Practice Committee
- Social Committee
- Brooklyn Law Immigration Society
- Executive Board Delegate, 2012-13
- Communications Director, 2013-14
- New Travel Restrictions for Travelers Entering in the United States
- DHS Extends Temporary Protected Status Benefits for El Salvador, Nicaragua, Sudan, Honduras, and Nepal Nationals
- UPDATE: California Judge Stays the Implementation of USCIS Fee Increase
- How to Read The Visa Bulletin & What October’s Bulletin Means for Employment-Based Immigration
- Court Temporarily Suspends Trump Administration’s Public Charge Rule
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Adds Corporate Immigration Law Expertise to Its Labor and Employment Law Practice