Data Privacy and Security
Video description: A three-minute, animated video for companies regarding the importance of data security and how to protect your business from cybersecurity threats.
Our expertise in privacy, security, and data breach spans the gamut of advising clients subject to federal privacy regulations (i.e., HIPAA and GLBA) to state regulations and industry standards. We have significant experience advising clients related to data breach incidents, risk assessments, investigations, and mitigation plans. We have helped clients develop data-response programs, breach protocols, information requests, and compliance with complex federal and state breach notification and consumer protection laws. We are well-versed in the nuances of HIPAA, and preparing and negotiating business associate agreements. We have also developed compliance programs, as well as privacy and security policies and procedures. We have assisted clients with data acquisition, maintenance, and data retention policies. We have advised as to data disclosures, including drafting and negotiating related confidentiality and services agreements. In short, we have the experience and in-depth knowledge to assist our clients with any privacy and/or compliance matter which may arise.
- Privacy policies
- Security policies
- Breach policies
- Cyber-liability insurance advice and assessment
- Contract review and assessment as to data concerns
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Receives Women-Owned Business Certification
- What Companies Should Know About CCPA
- Recent IoT Class Actions Highlight Need for Manufacturers & Vendors of Connected Products to Be Aware of Liability Risks
- What Companies Need to Know About Cybersecurity Threats & How to Mitigate Risk