Nilan Johnson Lewis represents creditors, businesses and individuals whose interests are impacted or threatened by a bankruptcy filing. Our attorneys have substantial experience representing both creditors other businesses and individuals drawn into bankruptcy disputes, such as when a customer or partner files for bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy matters often involve complex questions of federal law requiring adjudication on compressed timelines. Our team at Nilan Johnson Lewis is experienced at swiftly developing and implementing strategies to minimize the impact of another’s bankruptcy filing on your business. Our attorneys have represented a variety of stakeholders at all stages of the bankruptcy process, including secured and unsecured lenders, landlords, customers and partners of debtors. Our experience includes navigating liquidation and reorganization proceedings on behalf of creditors, defending preference actions, and challenging discharge of fraudulent debts.
Overview of our expertise
- Business Torts
- Class Actions
- Commercial Lending and Real Estate Disputes
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract, Warranty and UCC Disputes
- Environmental Litigation
- ERISA and Employee Benefits Litigation and Compliance
- Fiduciary and Professional Liability
- Gaming Law
- Information Security and Privacy Claims
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Example Business Litigation Cases