Few phrases strike more fear in the hearts of businesses and in-house counsel than “class action.” Though the courts have done much to rein in abusive class action litigation, many corporate defendants, faced with the prospect of adjudicating thousands of claims in a single proceeding, will seek early settlement of even meritless clams rather than roll the dice and risk possible bankruptcy.
Nilan Johnson Lewis’ class action litigators are adept at evening the class action playing field. We have successfully represented class action defendants in a wide variety of matters, including employment, product liability, consumer protection/consumer fraud, false advertising, chemical exposure, antitrust, securities, and financial practices cases.
We sport a solid track record of defeating class certification attempts, from smaller matters to “bet-the-company” disputes, and we’re well-armed with a range of strategies and tactics, in-depth legal knowledge, and substantial class action experience necessary to bring these cases to a successful conclusion. And we defend class actions with the same excellence, dedication and focus on value that we offer all of our clients in every matter we handle.
Overview of our expertise
- Business Torts
- Class Actions
- Commercial Lending and Real Estate Disputes
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract, Warranty and UCC Disputes
- Environmental Litigation
- ERISA and Employee Benefits Litigation and Compliance
- ERISA and Fiduciary Class Litigation
- Fiduciary and Professional Liability
- Gaming Law
- Information Security and Privacy Claims
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Example Business Litigation Cases