Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
Our Business Litigation group has extensive experience in representing businesses and individuals in complex shareholder and partnership disputes. In business ownership disputes, it’s especially important to have the skills to both litigate and manage these cases.
We emphasize early resolution to these issues to minimize damage to the business, its reputation, and relationships. But if litigation arises, we act aggressively for our clients to use our skills in pretrial motion practice and trial work to narrow and resolve disputes as efficiently as possible. Throughout the process, we work with our clients to set strategies that are always focused on their business goals, recognizing the challenge of continuing to run a business while litigation is in process.
Our experience in these cases includes disputes over shareholder and partnership agreements, breach of fiduciary duties, business succession, valuation and buy-out disputes, dissolution, derivative actions, and monetary and property distributions. Our team has many years of experience in navigating Minnesota’s law concerning minority shareholder rights, which is different from the laws of many other states.
Overview of our expertise
- Business Torts
- Class Actions
- Commercial Lending and Real Estate Disputes
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract, Warranty and UCC Disputes
- Environmental Litigation
- ERISA and Employee Benefits Litigation and Compliance
- ERISA and Fiduciary Class Litigation
- Department of Labor Audits ERISA
- Fiduciary and Professional Liability
- Gaming Law
- Information Security and Privacy Claims
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Example Business Litigation Cases