Fire and Explosion Cases
Nilan Johnson Lewis has extensive experience and success in defending companies in fire and explosion cases on a local, regional, and national basis. Our skilled team regularly defends companies in fire and explosion cases ranging from initial investigations and claims, to litigation and trials. We defend against cases involving property losses and damage, injuries and deaths, and large-scale losses and business-interruption claims. We have an extensive network of highly qualified investigators and experts, and are able to mobilize quickly to conduct prompt and thorough scene investigations and place our clients in the best position to defend against claims. Our experience includes:
- Fire claims involving lithium-ion batteries and chargers. We have particular experience in the defense of these matters, which have become a major target in fire litigation. Our attorneys and experts have substantial experience performing the type of root-cause and failure analysis necessary to properly defend against these matters.
- Claims involving natural gas and propane explosions.
- Fire claims involving industrial and manufacturing equipment and facilities.
- Defense of utility companies in electrical fire claims.
- Fire claims involving automotive, recreational, and powersports vehicles.
- Defense of serial and repeat fire claims. We have substantial experience defending against serial claims targeting particular products across multiple jurisdictions. We also counsel and assist clients regarding product recalls stemming from fire hazards.
- Early investigation and resolution of fire claims.
See below for a list of our representative matters.
Overview of our expertise
- Recreational and Powersports Products
- Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals, and Other Health Care Products
- Transportation Litigation
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS or Drones)
- Toxic Torts
- Premises Liability
- Fire and Explosion Cases
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Preventive Measures and Risk Management Strategies
- Social Media Investigation of Jurors and Opposing Parties
- Food Industry Litigation
- Examples of Value Our Team Provides