Webinar on March 15: Understanding and Complying with New Pay Equity Laws
Employers have seen a flurry of activity at the state and federal levels in the area of pay equity. A series of new OFCCP and state law requirements have been enacted which create significant new liability for employers. Join Nilan Johnson Lewis PA, a nationally recognized law firm based in Minneapolis, and EEO Logic, an equal employment and affirmative action consulting company in Portland, OR for a complimentary webcast on understanding and complying with new pay equity laws. Joseph Schmitt of Nilan Johnson Lewis and Scott Fazio of EEO Logic will discuss the recent flurry of legislative activity around pay equity, what it means for employers, and proactive strategies to avoid potential liability.
Joe and Scott will discuss:
- The status of the EEOC’s proposed changes to the EEO-1 reporting requirements and their possible effective date.
- Recently enacted pay equity laws in California and New York, and other proposed state legislation.
- The potential liability that employers might face as a result of the enacted or proposed laws.
- The typical statistical analyses conducted by the government.
- When and how to conduct root-cause analyses to identify specific areas of heightened risk.
- How to approach potential pay adjustments and practice changes to mitigate risks.
- Precautions employers can take to prevent pay disparities and avoid potential litigation.
March 15, 2016 | 11:30 a.m. ET, 10:30 a.m. CT, 8:30 a.m. PT