Minnesota’s Tip-Pooling Laws
Minnesota restaurants are getting hit with class-action lawsuits over tip-pooling practices
We’ve noticed a recent uptick in class-action lawsuits over restaurants’ tip-pooling practices as plaintiff’s lawyers continue to exploit Minnesota’s confusing tip-pooling laws.
Here you’ll find resources to proactively help restaurateurs fix their tip-pooling practices.
Have more questions or need help with a tip-pooling audit? Contact an attorney on our team.
- 5 steps to take NOW to avoid a class-action lawsuit
- What makes Minnesota’s tip-pooling laws so unique?
- A few tips on tip-pooling via Franchise Times
- Department of Labor and Industry’s fact sheet on tip credit, tip sharing, and tip pooling
- Minnesota Restaurant Association
Read up on Minnesota Law
- Minnesota Administrative Rules on gratuities/tips credits
- Minnesota Statutes: Payment of Minimum Wages
- Minnesota Statues: statutory definitions