Industry Focus: Health Care
At Nilan Johnson Lewis, we appreciate the dynamic nature of the health care industry. We know our health care clients experience constant regulatory and organizational change, necessitating an adaptable, efficient, and high-performing workforce. We also recognize the heightened level of responsibility that comes from being entrusted with sensitive health-related information.
Our Labor and Employment group delivers focused expertise to clients from across the breadth of the health care industry, whether they provide direct service, develop technology to support the delivery of health care, or are involved in providing or administering health insurance benefits. We partner with our clients to develop a deep understanding of their business and the internal and external pressures they face in order to provide practical advice geared to their unique needs. We also understand the grave risks involved in litigation as well as how it impinges on business goals. We tailor our defense of both individual and class claims to achieve success in ways that are consistent with our client’s values, reputation, and goals. While we work to resolve matters outside the courtroom, our group is always ready to litigate when necessary; we have litigated—and won—numerous verdicts for our health care clients.
We also understand the unique immigration-related challenges health care providers face in sponsoring physicians and other health care professionals. We work with hospitals and health care systems in both large metropolitan areas and medically-underserved communities to help them navigate the complexities of the immigration process that allows them to recruit and retain the most competitive talent from around the world.
The variety of services we provide to health care entities include:
- Litigation through verdict in arbitrations and related court proceedings
- Non-competition and trade secret drafting, advising, and litigation
- Wage-and-hour compliance advising and misclassification audits
- Wage-and-hour litigation defense against the Department of Labor and private parties
- Representation during Department of Labor or other agency audits, investigations, and hearings
- Internal investigations
- Pay equity advice and defense
- Hiring and recruiting audits
- Pre-hiring testing and background check advice/defense
- Reductions in force
- Policy and handbook drafting