Leave of Absence and Disability Advice/Defense
The team of experienced attorneys at Nilan Johnson Lewis regularly helps employers navigate the complexities of the ADA, FMLA, USERRA, and other laws mandating leaves of absence and reasonable accommodations. We conduct audits, draft and revise policies, provide training, and offer clear and practical guidance to resolve the most perilous leave management and accommodation questions.
In addition, we have successfully defended FMLA, disability discrimination, failure to accommodate, and USERRA charges and claims, securing dismissals by administrative agencies, winning summary judgment in courts, or prevailing at arbitration or trial.
Shareholder & Chair, Labor & Employment
Of Counsel, NJL; Executive Director, Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
- Employers Based Outside Minneapolis Liable for Paid Sick Leave Going Back to 2017
- Michigan Passes Paid Sick Leave Requirements
- San Antonio Becomes Second City in Texas to Require Paid Sick Leave
- Massachusetts Reforms Employment Laws to Include Generous Paid Family Leave Program
- Duluth Adopts Paid Sick and Safe Leave Beginning in 2020
- What Employers Need to Know About the Austin, TX Paid Sick & Safe Leave Ordinance
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Welcomes Attorney Matthias Niska
- David James on Anxiety and the ADA