Trials and Arbitrations
Nilan Johnson Lewis has a deep bench of talented trial attorneys, experienced in defending employment law claims through trial and arbitration.
Our track record includes defense verdicts in discrimination and FMLA cases in federal and state court.
- Farrell v. U.S. Bank (MN state court): Prevailed in a jury trial on age discrimination and retaliation claims.
- Lansdale v. UPS (D. Minn.): Secured a defense verdict on ADA and state law disability discrimination claims.
- Sellner v. MAT Industries (D. Minn.): Obtained a defense verdict in jury trial on a Minnesota Whistleblower Act claim.
- Talton v. Bluestem Brands (MN state court): Prevailed on all claims alleging race discrimination
- Williams v. Goodrich Corp. (D. Iowa): Successfully obtained a defense jury verdict on FMLA interference and retaliation claims.
- Defense of a Fortune 15 company before the AAA, where we prevailed on the claimant’s claims of age discrimination and defamation.
- Defense of Fortune 15 company before the AAA, where we prevailed on the claimant’s disability discrimination and FMLA retaliation claims and went on to defeat the plaintiff’s motion to vacate the arbitration award.
- Defense of a Fortune 15 company before the AAA, where we prevailed on the claimant’s claims of wrongful termination under the Minnesota Whistleblower Act and FMLA discrimination and retaliation.
- Defense of a Fortune 15 company before the AAA, where we prevailed on the claimant’s claims of FMLA, retaliation, and religious discrimination.
- Williams and Williams v. NFL (D. Minn.): Defended the NFL and various individuals against Minnesota Drug and Alcohol Testing in the Workplace Act and other claims arising out of administration of the NFL’s drug testing program and suspension of NFL players. Prevailed at trial.
- Perkins v. Von Maur, Inc.: Prevailed on claims of sex discrimination and retaliation brought before the Davenport Civil Rights Commission and tried to an administrative law judge.