Labor Management Relations
Unlike many employment defense firms, Nilan Johnson Lewis also has an active labor relations practice. We regularly assist employers in structuring labor relations policies and practices, including “double-breasted” arrangements, transactional due diligence, and the avoidance of successorship, joint employer, and alter ego determinations in the context of corporate formation or acquisition. We have successfully defended hundreds of unfair labor practice charges throughout the Midwest and West, running the gamut from claims of discriminatory discharge, to unilateral subcontracting, to unlawful surveillance of social media. And we have negotiated and interpreted numerous collective bargaining agreements.
Our success in complex labor matters includes assisting in implementation of drug testing policies, handling multiple related grievance arbitrations, and managing common situs picketing matters, including the use of reserved gate systems and control of area standards, consumer, and organizational picketing. Nilan Johnson Lewis’s team also has extensive experience training management in effective union avoidance techniques, performing audits of union organizing activities, and designing other union prevention measures.
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Adds Corporate Immigration Law Expertise to Its Labor and Employment Law Practice
- DOL Announces Pay Thresholds for Overtime Exemption
- NLRB General Counsel Proposes Significant Change to Arbitration Agreements and More
- Employers Are Walking the Tightrope Between Maintaining a Civil Work Environment and NLRA Compliance
- Beating the Curve on Predictive Scheduling Laws