Anu’s practice focuses on counseling clients on I-9 / E-Verify policies and procedures, defending employers in civil immigration enforcement actions, and representing clients in employment-based immigration matters, including labor certification (PERM) applications and nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions.
During law school, Anu served as an Outside Articles Editor for the Minnesota Journal of Law & Inequality and as a Student Director for the Immigration and Human Rights Clinic, where she represented low-income clients applying for asylum and other immigration benefits.
Anu immigrated to Queens, New York with her family from India at the age of five, where she lived until she began law school in Minnesota. In her spare time, Anu likes going on hikes, traveling, cooking with her mom, and taking pictures of her Terripoo.
Key Practice Experience
- Counseling on I-9 / E-Verify policies and procedures
- Defending employers in civil immigration enforcement actions
- Labor certification (PERM) applications
- Nonimmigrant petitions, including H-1B, TN, E-3, L-1
- Immigrant visa petitions
- Adjustment of status applications
Publications and Presentations
- Spring 2021 Asylum Law Conference, Panelist (Presented by the Advocates for Human Rights & University of St. Thomas Interprofessional Center for Counseling and Legal Services).
- The Difficulties of Establishing Rape in Qing China, John Jay’s Finest, Vol. 26, May 2011, pp. 100-106
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Minnesota/Dakotas Chapter of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- I-9 Remote Document Inspection Flexibility Policy Extended to July 31, 2023
- Form I-9 Alert: Continue to Use Current Form I-9
- Everything You Need for the 2024 Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2024)
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Attorneys Selected to Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD)
- Form I-9 Update: Beginning May 1, Employers Can No Longer Accept Expired List B Documents
- Everything You Need for the 2023 Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2023)
- DHS Extends Temporary Protected Status for Six Countries
- Validity of National Interest Exceptions Extended to 12 Months and Multiple Entries for Travelers from Certain Countries
- Immigration Team Welcomes Anu Jaswal to NJL