Alia Abdi lends her leadership and problem-solving abilities to represent our clients in and out of court. She has a wealth of experience defending clients in complex class actions nationwide, even creating case concepts for a nationwide class action involving thousands of claimants. Alia’s tenacity ensures cases move forward and our clients stay informed.
Prior to joining private practice, Alia externed for the Honorable John R. Tunheim, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. She is active in our local community, currently serving as Co-Vice President of Diversity for the Minnesota Chapter of the Federal Bar Association (a role in which she’s honored to serve). Alia is also the past co-chair of the same chapter’s New Lawyers Committee, as well as a past board member for the Somali American Bar Association.
Key Practice Experience
- Wage-and-hour defense
- Complex employment litigation and class actions
- Employment investigations
- Preventive employment counseling
- Leave of absence and disability defense
Recognitions and Honors
- Selected to the Minnesota Rising Stars list, published by Super Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Co-chair, Diversity & Inclusion Committee, 2020-present
- Past co-chair, New Lawyers Committee
- Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers
- Past Board Member, Somali American Bar Association