Sara has a wealth of experience supporting employers through complex matters, from single-plaintiff cases to nationwide class action suits. She defends employers against all types of employment litigation, including Title VII, FMLA, and ADA discrimination and retaliation claims, state and federal whistleblower claims, and charges before the NLRB, EEOC, and other agencies.
Sara has worked on a wide range of matters impacting the education industry, such as compliance with FERPA, Title VI, Title IX, and the Clery Act. She spent her collegiate years working as well as studying, knowing she wanted to practice in the education system. This experience informs how Sara counsels private and public post-secondary and K-12 educational institutions.
Passionate about serving the community, Sara uses her “spare time” to take on pro bono matters.
Key Practice Experience
- FLSA/Wage-and-hour defense
- Class and complex litigation strategy
- Compliance with FERPA, Title VI, Title IX, and Clery Act
- EEOC class investigation and litigation defense
- Discrimination defense
- Whistleblower/retaliation defense
- Administrative agency charge responses
Key Industry Experience
Publications and Presentations
- “Developments in Whistleblowing,” Webinar, July 2021
- “Employee Discipline for Conduct Outside of Work,” Webinar, January 2021
- “Gender Bias and #MeToo: Complying with the Law,” CLE, October 2019
- “Summary Guide to Employment Privacy Law,” Minnesota CLE, co-author
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Lavender Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers Network LGBTQ+ Clinic