Tracy partners with national clients in a variety of venues and enjoys a reputation of being a “go to” person for handling large scale complex litigation, bringing organization to chaos and generating creative solutions for marshalling facts for trial or developing legal strategy. She is viewed as an extension of her clients both inside and outside the courtroom, displaying integrity and professionalism while also exhibiting true passion.
Tracy’s skills have earned her her clients’ trust; she provides sound legal advice and is a strong and solid advocate in the courtroom.
When not representing clients, you can find Tracy outdoors in Minnesota and elsewhere, biking, hiking, and enjoying new travel adventures, and of course rooting for the Twins.
Key Practice Experience
- Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Products Liability
- Multi-district Litigation Practice and Procedure
- Discrimination Defense
- Trials and Arbitration
- Preventive Employment Counseling
- Railway Labor Act (RLA)
Key Industry Experience
- Medical device
- Jury trials in state and federal courts across the country on behalf of a major medical defense company.
- Jury trials in federal court on behalf of a major pharmaceutical company, including MDL bellwether trials.
- Extensive MDL experience in a variety of MDL proceedings, including serving as MDL counsel.
- Coordination and participation on national litigation teams in MDL and other coordinated proceedings across the country, including the development and preparation of medical and scientific experts and discovery.
- Successful challenges to experts under Daubert standards, resulting either in witness exclusion and/or summary judgment.
Successful motion challenges to claims based on federal preemption law and principles.
- Jury trials in federal court, including cases involving claims of race discrimination and retaliation, FMLA interference and retaliation claims or common law claims.
- Arbitrations, including cases involving claims of sexual harassment, FMLA interference and retaliation, or gender discrimination.
- Summary judgment on a variety of discrimination and FMLA claims, including race, gender, national origin, and hostile work environment.
- Employer representation in EEOC claims and investigations, single plaintiff lawsuits, and agency charges.
- Employer advice regarding state and federal discrimination laws and federal and state laws and regulations.
Recognitions and Honors
- Labor & Employment Star, Benchmark Litigation
- Local Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist by the State of Minnesota, 2014
- Selected to Super Lawyers list (2007-2019)
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Federal Bar Association
- New York Employers: New COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Law Explained
- Twenty Nilan Johnson Lewis Attorneys Named to 2018 Minnesota Super Lawyers & Rising Stars Lists
- Eighteen Nilan Johnson Lewis Attorneys Named to 2016 Minnesota Super Lawyers & Rising Stars Lists
- NJL Attorneys Listed in 2016 Women Super Lawyers
- Seventeen Nilan Johnson Lewis Attorneys Recognized As 2015 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Attorneys Named 2014 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars