Jesse focuses his practice on representing businesses for employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant filings. This work includes nonimmigrant visa petitions, Labor Certification Applications, and immigrant visa petitions. He works diligently to find the best possible approach to meet the business needs of each client. Prior to joining Nilan Johnson Lewis, Jesse worked as an associate at another Minneapolis law firm. Jesse received his J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School.
While in law school, Jesse served as an Online Editor on the Minnesota Law Review and as a Student Director of the Detainee Rights Clinic at the Binger Center for New Americans. As Student Director, Jesse successfully represented individuals in detention seeking asylum and withholding of removal. In addition, Jesse also spent a semester of law school at the Uppsala University in Sweden where he studied international tax law. These previous experiences have helped hone his attention to detail and ability to think creatively within a legal framework.
Outside of the office, Jesse spends his time training for marathons, taking his dog to the dog park, and staying optimistic that this year is finally the Vikings year.
- Everything You Need for the 2023 Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2023)
- Not Biden His Time: Biden Administration Announces Intentions to Make Immigration Reform a Top Administrative Priority
- Backlog to the Future: Lingering Questions about the Employment-Based Immigrant Visa Wait Times Under H.R. 1044/S. 386
- Goodbye, NAFTA. Hello, USMCA.
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Adds Corporate Immigration Law Expertise to Its Labor and Employment Law Practice