Jesse supports corporate employers with their immigration needs, understanding how to balance their business objectives with regulatory compliance. While Jesse has broad immigration knowledge, he primarily works with higher education institutions, agricultural manufacturers, engineering and information technology companies, and multi-national entities.
In the ever-changing immigration law landscape, Jesse focuses on communication and responsiveness – skills he picked up working with math students in Boston and developing education curriculum abroad. He is passionate about the law and appreciates that his work has a positive, direct impact on people’s lives. His clients appreciate that he considers their short- and long-term goals alongside legal compliance, setting best practices along the way to prevent adverse immigration consequences. When you work with Jesse, you’ll get a knowledgeable, empathetic advocate.
Outside the office, Jesse spends his time training for marathons, taking his dog to the dog park, and staying optimistic that this year is finally the Vikings’ year.
Key Practice Experience
- Nonimmigrant visa petitions (H, L, O, TN, E, B-1)
- Immigrant visa petitions
- Labor Certification Applications (PERM applications)
- Extraordinary Ability Petitions
- National Interest Waivers
- Adjustment of Status Applications
- Consular processing
- J-1 waiver applications
- Administrative responses
Key Industry Experience
- Food & Beverage
- Information Technology
- Higher Education
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Asylum/humanitarian cases
- Minneapolis Foundation Fourth Generation Fund, 2019
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, 2018-2020
- Advocates for Human Rights, 2018-2020
“Life in the Slow Lane: Employment-Based Immigrant Visa Backlogs,” AILA Upper Midwest Immigration Law Conference, 2022
- Update: E-2 Spouses are Now Also Deemed Employment Authorized Incident to Status
- PERMission to Hire Foreign Workers: New Factors to Consider in PERM Recruitment Obligations in light of Facebook Settlement
- Everything You Need for the 2023 Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2023)
- Not Biden His Time: Biden Administration Announces Intentions to Make Immigration Reform a Top Administrative Priority
- Backlog to the Future: Lingering Questions about the Employment-Based Immigrant Visa Wait Times Under H.R. 1044/S. 386
- Goodbye, NAFTA. Hello, USMCA.
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Adds Corporate Immigration Law Expertise to Its Labor and Employment Law Practice