Nilan Johnson Lewis’s business litigation attorneys have trial experience that is second to none. We have successfully defended America’s top companies in high-stakes litigation in state and federal courts throughout the country.
We also have proven experience in serving as lead trial and coordinating counsel in complex commercial matters. We have served as lead counsel in nationwide litigation involving claims of industry-wide conspiracy, fraud, and misrepresentation against manufacturers of lead pigment, asbestos, and trace benzene. We also serve as national counsel to an insurance company on ERISA and disability claims litigation. In these roles, Nilan Johnson Lewis trial attorneys have made court appearances or tried cases in almost all of the states in the country.
In addition to our highly experienced trial lawyers, we effectively use the talents of non-attorney professionals on our teams. Even in cases involving millions of documents generated over the course of decades, our litigation support team is able to create effective databases that allow our attorneys access to the information they need, where they need it, and when they need it. In many of the cases where Nilan Johnson Lewis represents only one of several defendants in industry-wide litigation, our litigation databases have become the “go to” resource for all defense counsel.
Overview of our expertise
- Business Torts
- Class Actions
- Commercial Lending and Real Estate Disputes
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract, Warranty and UCC Disputes
- Environmental Litigation
- ERISA and Employee Benefits Litigation and Compliance
- ERISA and Fiduciary Class Litigation
- Department of Labor Audits ERISA
- Fiduciary and Professional Liability
- Gaming Law
- Information Security and Privacy Claims
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Example Business Litigation Cases