Product Liability/Mass Tort
We serve as national and regional litigation counsel for a number of Fortune 500 and privately held product manufacturers. Many of those matters have involved “bet the company” cases, both in individual suits and in consolidated mass tort litigation. We have tried product liability, personal injury, and mass tort cases to juries across the United States, and have represented defendants in these matters in every state in the country.
While we have deep trial expertise, our lawyers are also committed to balancing risk and costly litigation with the business objectives of your company. Thus, we distinguish ourselves by identifying, analyzing, and executing preventative measures and risk management strategies that reduce litigation and provide exceptional results for your business.
Our product liability, mass tort, and personal injury lawyers write for some of the nation’s leading litigation journals, and we routinely give presentations in our fields of expertise to bar associations, industry groups, and other interested parties across the country. We understand the special requirements and expectations of in-house counsel, loss prevention managers, and corporate risk specialists; and we routinely implement budgeting, communications, and cost-containment criteria to meet our clients’ needs.
Our team has experience with a full range of cases that span from mass tort class actions to defending manufacturers in individual product personal injury lawsuits. Examples of the types of product cases we handle include:
- Recreational products
- Chemical products
- Agricultural products
- Construction materials
- Industrial products
- Boilers, furnaces, and gas-fired appliances
Shareholder & Chair, Product Liability/Mass Tort
Shareholder & Co-Chair, Product Liability/Mass Tort
- Federal Courts Turn Away Challenges to FDA’s e-Cig Regulations
- Allyson Petersen, Pharaoh Lewis Featured in MSBA’s Profiles in Practice
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Adds Megan Zapata as Paralegal
- Vaping Deaths: What Manufacturers and Retailers Need to Know about Current Laws and Regulations
- 10 Insurance Questions Personal Transportation Manufacturers Should Ask About Their Coverage
- What Employers Should Note about OSHA’s Phase 4
- Diversity Jurisdiction Involving an LLC: Everything You Need to Know [VIDEO]
- 10 Questions Personal Transportation Manufacturers Should Answer Before Selling a New or Redesigned Product
- Liability for Allegedly Unnecessary Product Recall?
- 7th Circuit Affirms CPSA Penalties Against Spectrum Brands, Inc.
- She’s Been Working (And Winning) on the Railroad
- Snowballs and Iceballs: Crossing the Line in Settlement Negotiations
- Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Seek to Bring E-Cigarette Lawsuits to Minnesota
- Pharaoh Lewis Joins Nilan Johnson Lewis as Associate
- U.S. Supreme Court Deems FELA Payments as Taxable
- Manufacturers Take Note: Three Significant Product Liability Cases from Minnesota
- Illinois Jury Awards FELA Plaintiff Less Than 1% of Ask
- How Lawyers Can Act Ethically When it Comes to Social Media
- Minnesota Skiers and Snowboarders Now Liable for Injuries on the Slopes; Are Other Sports Next?
- WEBINAR RECORDING: ALFA’s Legal Hot Topics
- Twenty Nilan Johnson Lewis Attorneys Named to 2018 Minnesota Super Lawyers & Rising Stars Lists
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Welcomes Leah Kippola-Friske
- If Trace-Asbestos Products Cause Comparable Exposure to What’s in the Natural Environment, Are Companies Liable?
- Benjamin Johnson and Matthew Murphy Promoted to Shareholder at Nilan Johnson Lewis
- Cleared For Take-Off: Trump Reinstates Recreational Drone Registration
- Trump Speeds Up Commercial Drone Integration
- Regulating the Car of the Future: NHTSA Delivers Guidance for Automated Driving Systems
- Acting Chairman Ann Marie Buerkle Nominated as Permanent Chairman of CPSC
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Welcomes Krista Narveson
- CPSC Settlement Reinforces Need for Product Manufacturers to Proactively Implement Safety Compliance Programs
- Recalls: What Information Should Be On Your Social Media Forums?
- CPSC Announces Yet Another Lithium-Ion Battery Recall
- CPSC Wins Decisively in Rare Decision Addressing Procedural Defenses to CPSA Enforcement Actions
- CPSC Again Pursues Significant Penalties for Untimely Reporting
- NJL Attorneys Rusert and Cornell Win Jury Trial
- Eighteen Nilan Johnson Lewis Attorneys Named to 2016 Minnesota Super Lawyers & Rising Stars Lists
- FAA Releases Finalized Operational Rules for Small Commercial Drones
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Welcomes Paralegal Carey Smith
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Once Again Recognized Among Top Law Firms for Female Attorneys by Law360
- Safety Rules for Small Drones Prepare for Lift-off
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Named Leadership Award Winner by Minnesota Women Lawyers for Third Time
- NJL Attorneys Listed in 2016 Women Super Lawyers
- Labor Department Signficantly Reduces Allowable Levels of Silica Dust in Work Sites
- Nilan Johnson Lewis’ Board of Directors Now Predominantly Female
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Announces Its 2016 Board of Directors
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Welcomes Attorney Allyson Petersen
- Seventeen Nilan Johnson Lewis Attorneys Recognized As 2015 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Successfully Defends Client Evenflo Against Class Action Claims
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Named A 2015 Go-To Law Firm® for Fortune 500 Companies
- Nilan Johnson Lewis Recognized by Law360 as a Top Law Firm for Female Attorneys
- Incoming! Despite Lack of “Ice Missile” Laws in Minnesota, Trucking Companies Still Potentially Liable for Negligence
- First-Year Associate Wins Big in Lemon Law Trial
- Nilan Johnson Lewis “Performance” Secures Trial Victory for Cycling Retailer